Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, November 2, 2017

Bits and pieces

Three things to be happy about:
(1) freebies
(2) grab bags
(3) swag bags

Same thing, right?

I was reading someone's blog and I noticed she was doing Pat Sloan's Grandma's Kitchen sew along.  Somehow I forgot Pat does a lot of sew alongs.

The names of the blocks are cute and they look very interesting, so I thought I'd jump right in!

Because I'm a bit late to the party, I started with the newest one and I'm working my way backwards.

"Game Show & Soaps" finishes at 12 inches; "Loose Change" and "Pantry Goods" are both 10". 

Just to get it moving I just chose black, white, red, and yellow for my color palette.

I coulda chosen another way to make that center block in the top one, eh?  Lots of points coming together in that one!

Finished a few more of the little churn dash blocks.

I used the same fabric that's in the large block above, I like the way it looks in the churn dash.

A few spider webs for Halloween, even though I don't "do" Halloween!

This time I paid attention to the direction of that wavy striped fabric, it does make a difference - but at the same time it doesn't matter.

You know what I mean?  Sew forth and sew on...

1 comment:

  1. I love stripes, and am often torn between making them go the same way or just letting them fall wherever. I go back and forth, sometimes within the same quilt!
    Love your color choices for Grandma's Kitchen. I've been saving the patterns, but haven't made a start. I really like the idea of using blocks of different sizes - it adds so much interest and movement to the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.