Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Two quilts done

Three things to be happy about:
(1) ATM machines
(2) a new wallet
(3) that first cuppa of the day

I haven't had mine yet, that first cuppa, but I'll get it soon as I finish this post!



Such a relief to get the binding sewn down on the two quilts!

Sunbonnet Sue Sees Stars got a red binding, a bit deeper red than the border... love those "pokey-dots"!




I love stars and I think Jaelyn will love them too, especially with all the scrappiness going on!





She should have fun picking out all the colors, no two Sues were dressed alike.

The cornerstones are also scrappy...




I think the backing goes really well, it's a piece of "batik-y" fabric from my stash...


different colors in a swirly pattern...





A lot for a curious five year old to look at again...

and again...

and again!






"Jay-Jay" will like his quilt, I think...





Blue baby chickens, with glasses yet!





The birds are all blue, but no two are the same...


Some have glasses, front view, side view...

sitting, standing around, and sprawled!

Kudos to Rhonda at ravelly1-quiltzblog for freely sharing this pattern on her blog!



I was able to use up the last significant piece of that backing for this one.

You might remember I bought it on a bolt for $3 at Hancock's Fabrics, when they were closing their Takoma Park, Maryland store (read about it here).

Kinda glad to demote it down to strings and scraps!





Both just need labels and they're ready to go!


Ahh, the satisfaction of finishing these two quilts!

Can you see the quilting on them?  These were long-armed quilted by friend and guild member Bernerdette King.


Now to finish that other one... sew forth and sew on til later!

4 comments:

  1. Both are fabulous. Love the yard birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of them but the Yard Birds just crack me up! Congrats on two wonderful finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun! fun! fun! those birds are just too cute. and I love the scrappy stars with the Sues. two quilts that are sure to be loved and used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, fun quilts, Linda. Good for you for getting them done. And red binding...you know I love that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.