Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, November 26, 2014

More Texas tumblin'

The snow is snowing, the wind is blowing
But I can weather the storm!
What do I care how much it may storm?
I've got my quilting to keep me warm!


Today they're calling for rain, and 3 to 6 inches of snow, wow!

As I'm writing this there are school closings because of the weather and there is snow just north of the District, but nothing here yet.

Meanwhile, I'll keep working on the Texas Tumbleweeds quilt!



I finished all of the 4-patch units for the ladder block...


I only needed 36!

Done!



Next I'll concentrate on finishing up the rectangle units for the ladder block..

Eyeglasses, bikes - love em!

Before I sew any more I'll stop and cut more neutrals for maximum scrappy variety, I don't like seeing too many repeats if I can help it.

There are a few more pieces I bought in October that I haven't cut into yet - this is the perfect opportunity!





Words, words - I love words!


These spinning star units will be put on hold until I can cut more dark color squares - need more batiks in there!



That's what I'll be up to today, if you're traveling be careful, look out for the turkeys!  Sew forth and sew on til later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.