Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, November 13, 2014

More quilt show goodness!

Three things to be happy about:
(1) bottled water
(2) finishing a good novel
(3) blowing bubbles


If you haven't seen yesterday afternoon's post be sure to check it out, I showed lots of red and white quilts displayed in honor of the festival's ruby jubilee!


I believe this quilt may have been the most photographed one at the festival - everybody wanted to document their presence at this hallmark show!

*Disclaimer - The quilt is actually longer than it appears here; I Photoshop'd it to shorten it a bit  ;o)*




Renea and I arrived in Houston on the afternoon of October 30; our first day at the show was the 31st (Halloween) where we saw lots of vendors and show-goers dressed in their Halloween finery - why did I not get pictures???

However, as Eleanor Burns demonstrated a ruler at her booth, I did get a shot of her fun t-shirt  - "Witch and Famous"





I don't think I've ever been to a quilt show that didn't have at least a couple Baltimore album-type quilts - and they're always gorgeous!


Here are some fun quilts... I don't know what the display was actually named, but I think these are imaginative!

Everything is made with fabric, including the utensils!  There were more than 12 food-related quilts displayed on this table - clever!







From the Life After 40 exhibit - this one is named "Men Don't Make Passes..."




These two caught my eye because they're so realistic - check out the reflection on those shoes!


This one won the Superior Threads Master award:
love it!!

You know I love houses - in any form!


Scenery...



Sweet elephants!

Modern! 


We didn't see every quilt displayed at the festival, nor did I take pictures of every quilt I saw, nor have I posted every picture I took.  After awhile, after you've seen so many, they start to look alike for some reason, you know what I mean?  Beautiful show though - I hope I gave you a good representation of what was there!

My pal Renea - we walked 8 miles that first day - whew!

There were dozens of vendors, from fabric to quilting machines to garments to shoes and books and notions and jewelry - you name it! We definitely have to do it again, there's nothing like the Houston festival and we had a blast!

Stay tuned for cruise tidbits tomorrow - sew forth and sew on til then!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like Renee and you had a great time at the show. I hope next year that I will be able to attend. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.