Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, November 12, 2014

International quilt festival

Three things to be happy about:
(1) going on vacation
(2) being waited on 24/7
(3) coming home to your own bed

Hello everybody, I'm baaaack!  Thanks for visiting and being patient!  This posting is later than I meant it to be, both clock-wise and the day of the week - I intended to post something on Monday about the Houston quilt show.


Anniversary t-shirt and tote bag!

The show was just grand!

What were you doing in 1974??  Founder Karey Bresenhan was having a light-bulb moment which became the Houston International Quilt Festival - 40 years strong!

Since this was the ruby jubilee version, a lot of focus was on red and white quilts, and that's what I'll share with you this afternoon...

If anyone saw the exhibit of Mrs. Rose's red and white quilts in New York a couple years ago, you'll remember how impressive the circular display was.  They followed the same format for most of the quilts in this display:








The placement of lights interfered a bit, so there were a lot of the red and white quilts I couldn't photograph, but I wanted to share these two:


Two members of my guild submitted quilts for this very impressive red and white display!


Looking good!  This shot was taken through a window on the second level...


There were lots and LOTS of quilts displayed that we were asked not to photograph, either because of copyright issues or they were antiques.  But I got a few of the others that I want to share with you - tomorrow!

Stay tuned, more good stuff to come - sew forth and sew on til then!

1 comment:

  1. i want to go next time. Thank you for sharing your day at the show.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.