Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, August 1, 2013

Orchard outing

 Three things to be happy about:
(1) a day slowly brightening
(2) a field of sunflowers
(3) picking primroses

Yesterday I went on a peach-picking mission at Larriland Orchards with Charlene, Debbra, Pat, and Sandy, but we were a few days late for peaches!  They had a large crowd over the weekend so the only peaches we got were from the farm stand, but we did get some blackberries, and the beets were plentiful for Charlene.  The berries were slooow picking, this is what we saw a lot of - green, red and half-ripe berries!


I had to really lean in there to get at the berries, Debbra showed me the official way to stoop and get the ones from the bottom!

Debbra and Pat were happy with their berries!

Group photo - Charlene, me, Sandy, Pat and Debbra!

At the farm stand we got peaches, melons, beans, corn, jelly, apple butter, freshly baked bread (yum!) and cucumbers.


After our hard work in the orchard we had to refuel, and Joe's Crab Shack in Greenbelt was a good refueling place!

So another pleasant day with friends goes down in history, sew forth and sew on...

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.