Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A new obsession

Three things to be happy about:
(1) lazily swinging on a swing set
(2) a new pavement
(3) buying school supplies

I had seen several people blog about Downton Abbey, so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about - I love it!  I started watching at the very beginning, and by now I've completed the first two seasons.
I love Maggie Smith, the Dowager Countess!  My favorite line was at dinner when the poor relation/new heir Matthew mentioned working but having the weekend free and she said "What's a weekend???"

On the other hand, I can't stand this ole bat:
Mrs. O'Brien, milady's private maid.  What an underhanded backstabber!


On another subject, at long the final finishing touch has been put on the playground and rec center at the end of my street.  
The actual center has been open since March, but they had the opening ceremony on Saturday for the new playground.  It's really nice, with a small pavilion with tables, a separately fenced area with play equipment for the younger kids, a ball field, plus "heart" equipment outside.

They started working on the center the first week of March 2012, I remember sitting in on neighborhood meetings with the planners and architects around 15 years ago.  Even at that time I was concerned that by the time they got it finished it would be too small - it almost is!  I wish they could have added at least one more floor, but they shoved as much stuff in there as they could.  This is the basketball court, inside:

Oh well, it beats what we had!

I won't be doing any sewing or anything else until after my cruise, so no posts either  :o)  Can you believe it's here, just four days away!!  Gotta get packing!

Sew forth and sew on til later

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great time cruising and sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your cruise and share with us when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very nice post.I like it very much. Sheepbuy is the best way to sell online!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.