Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, August 8, 2013

Lots of quilty love

... right here in blogland!!!

Three things to be happy about:
(1) relaxing completely
(2) the end of a tunnel
(3) kind words

Thank you, thank you, thank you one and all for your prayers, and your kind words of encouragement!  This is what I'm sending you:
really BIG HUGS!!!

These miniature kimonos were made last year by Nadine, a member of my guild, and they express how I feel right now  :o)

The MRI went okay but it's not anything I'd like to do again, you betcha!  I was told by several people the secret is to close your eyes and KEEP em closed, so I did.  The room was full of magnets that are always on, so I couldn't use my iPod; however he did have lots of music to choose from, and I chose a really good gospel mix that helped me relax.  AND... he let me bring home some of those disposable slippers that I can wear while sluffing through the TSA checkpoint at the airport!

While reading the comments I had to chuckle at this one from Regina:
I don't think I have ever told you that I love, love, love, your list of 'things to be happy about'. What makes you happy usually makes me happy too. I am curious sometimes about some of the items, novelty lunchboxes?
I have to let you in on a little secret - while spending Christmas with my sister in Hampton, VA we went rambling the day after Christmas as we always did, and we ended up in a Dollar Tree that was having a 1/2 price sale on their Christmas leftovers.  Half price at the DOLLAR store - come on now!  My quotes are from a 2006 page-a-day calendar that I bought for 50 cents called "The Best of 14,000 Things to be Happy About Calendar."  It's a great calendar that has 5 happy things for each day - clever eh?  I've been using the quotes a loooong time and haven't gone through all of them yet... I usually choose three random ones around the date that I post the blog.  So now you know my secret!   ;o)

Yesterday I got all my greens pressed, I used a vinegar-water combination (one part white vinegar, 7 parts water) on the pieces that had hard wrinkles and it worked like a charm!  Today I don't have any errands outside the house, so I'll get everything else pressed and start cutting, get them and ready to roll.

Where did I put my Easy Angle ruler???

That's it for now, have a great Thursday, sew forth and sew on!

5 comments:

  1. I love your lists too, no matter where it comes from. And I always forget that white vinegar (always on the shelf) is for pressing - thank you. *ps - I don't know where my Easy Angle is either

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vinegar...I don't think I have ever heard that one.... hmm...one more thing to be happy about.
    I almost wish you hadn't told us your secret. I have always thought they were things that made you happy since the last post. LOL. I get "novelty lunchboxes." I found my old "Land of the Giants" lunchbox from my childhood --now I am sure that dates me! I really loved that show. It was really about what people are like. Some are cruel, some are kind - it all depends on choices we make which we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now I know the rest of the story....

    Knowing that there is a book out there with lists of things to be happy about, makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your "3 things" whatever the source and always look forward to reading them. I didn't know about vinegar either (Gene) but I've got some really wrinkled stuff that I'll try it on. Glad to know the MRI went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wonder about your 3 things to be happy about, now I know, that are great things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.