Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Test blocks

Three things to be happy about:
(1) sugar white sand
(2) the alphabet song
(3) farm stands

Sometimes I feel so sorry for my mailman! I live in a rowhouse, so to deliver my mail he has to walk up 5 steps, across a 2-1/2 foot landing, up another five steps and across my porch to the door. And yesterday he did all that just to shove this through my mail slot:


gobbage! I put it straight into the waste basket, uh, recycle bin. BUT he was doing his job, bless him!

I was awake in the wee hours of the morning, so I took advantage of my blank-eyed stare and worked on more of the 2x8" scrappy strips for about an hour. Then I was sleepy enough to catch more shut-eye til 9 am - you gotta love being retired! Later I sewed three blocks together, I like these.

Four of the strips make one block, which should finish at 8-1/2 inches sewn together.

Sometimes when I sew these I pull a piece of fabric and think hmmm... that's a bit dark or muted or dull. But you know what, I don't see a dull area in the bunch! I think scraps have a natural way of working together, no matter who their neighbors are.

If all goes as planned I'll be playing in the orchard today with a few friends. Peaches are the fruit of the day, I've never picked them before so this will be a whole new experience! Geez I hope it's not too hot - sew forth and sew on til later!

2 comments:

  1. Love your scrap blocks - they look very happy together. Ah, enjoy your peach picking day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like your scrappy blocks. Peaches reminds me of being a child and stealing peaches from a neighbor down the street lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.