Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Blocks and a survey

Three things to be happy about:
(1) blowing bubbles
(2) sea-glass jewelry
(3) kind words

Has anyone else had problems lately with posting?  Last week everything was okay, then sometime around the middle of last week I couldn't type at all in the "Compose" mode, only in HTML.   Every now and then I'd get messages from different sites that my version of IE was outdated, but when I checked the Microsoft site it showed I have the latest version for my operating system (Windows XP).  I checked the Blogger FAQ site then I switched to Google Chrome and it works okay, but I prefer IE, I'm used to it!  You'll notice this is not one of my happy things today!

I'm still working on the little 2-1/2 x 8-1/2 inch string/scrap blocks, they just move right along!  So far I've finished around 2 dozen and at the rate they're coming together it won't be long before I have enough for a quilt.

One more thing I like about using OPS (other people's scraps) is that when I look at the blocks I see scraps that I won't find in my own stash, maybe I'll have only one or two pieces of that particular scrap in the entire project!



I'm thinking about layout possibilities now.  I could sash the blocks and set them 7 across and 8 down with borders, which would give me a decent sized quilt...  Or I could set them on point with or without sashing and borders.... Or I could alternate them with a less-busy block...  lots of possibilities are out there!

I have a feeling I can't go wrong with these blocks.

The DC government is participating in EPA's RiverSmart Homes program, that offers up to $1200 to help homeowners reduce storm water runoff from their property.  Yesterday the auditor came by to survey my yard but unfortunately I didn't meet the size and layout requirements.  I am eligible for a rain barrel and pervious paving, but since I'm mainly interested in landscaping plants I won't be able to participate.  phooey!  I would have been a good deal, though; two of my neighbors had it done, the contractors do all the digging up and replanting.

Well that's it for today, enjoy your Tuesday, sew forth and sew on til later...

5 comments:

  1. Stick with Chrome for a while and get used it it. I bet you come to love it. I have been using it for a while. It seems to load pages faster than IE...and I like it better on my Mac than Safari also.

    Love your scrappy work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the Chrome, it took a while , but you get use to the switch. Love your scrappy blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Chrome. Much easier. I still don't understand why other people's scraps look better than mine. It must be because it's new. Sorry you didn't qualify for the assistance. Boo!

    Have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scraps are looking good...can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also switched to Google Chrome and after 24 hours I switched right back...I did not like it at all!

    I love your little squares quilt~! Can't wait to see it complete~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.