Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Saturday, August 10, 2013

A biggie

Three things to be happy about:
(1) handwritten recipes
(2) the rocking chairs at Cracker Barrel
(3) the tooth fairy's visit

I finished pressing and GO-cutting my 2" strips for the Alaska cruise, now I can check that off my list!

Somehow I had many, many more neutrals than I thought, mainly because I was cutting strips from scraps and half-widths of fabric (HWOF??).  Some pieces were no more than about 8" long but that's okay, it just gives me more variety!

I had to eliminate some of the fabrics because the print was too large, I can use those pieces in another project.

Got a couple hours of sewing done this morning on my scrappy 2x8 strips when my eyes popped open at 2:30 am and I was wide awake... why fight it?  I've already got my second nap in, now I'm ready to face the day!

Have a great Saturday everybody, sew forth and sew on!  PS - if you look at Bonnie's blog, Collaboration Celebration day 1, second from last picture, you'll see a member of my guild - Carol, caught in the act of having a ball!


1 comment:

  1. I think you will have a blast on the cruise and I know you will be prepared with that fabric. Have a blessed weekend, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.