Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, August 9, 2013

Temptation, thy name is fabric!

Three things to be happy about:
(1) a whiff of fragrant flowers
(2) a perfectly positioned AC vent
(3) the Outlander  series

The latest Outlander book by Diana Gabaldon is due out next month, I can't wait!  I decided to start re-reading (via Audible) the last two or three books while I'm waiting.


While I was pressing the fabrics I pulled for the cruise, I ran across a piece of water fabric and a piece with colorful fish on it.  I was like "wait, I can't cut these up!  I might need em for a landscape!"   Then I had to say "wait a minute, you've had these since the last century and you haven't used them yet..."  Into the pile they went!  I also found a gorgeous sky fabric, same deal.

However, I went to JoAnn's to get some fleece for the back of a quilt and I saw a bolt that I absolutely HAD to have a piece of for my neutrals:
Isn't that pretty?  It says "Simplicity Pattern Co." by Fabric Traditions.

Meanwhile I got my greens and blues cut and rolled up, but it was hard choosing just a limited number of strips - they were all so pretty!  Finally I sorted them into light, medium and dark, and just took some from each category...
looking good!  I just have to do the neutrals now and I can check this area off my list.

Well that's all for now,  have a great day, sew forth and sew on til later!


5 comments:

  1. Oooh. your strip roll-ups look wonderful. Makes me want to open them and start playing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun making the roll-ups once I figured out I had to fold each strip first - DOH!

      Delete
  2. Love your little 'sushi' rolls - they will be fun to play with. And I have to show this fabric to my SIL - I know she will love this for all her apron making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now really, Linda...those rolls take up so little space in your suitcase that you can certainly take MORE and MORE and MORE strips. You know, just in case you think you might need a little extra variety. Just saying..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, love your new fabric! I'm off to Joanns tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.