Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Border decisions

Hi everybody, especially my new followers   *big wave*

Thanks for your comments on my first Getterdone quilt, I feel so positive about this one! 

I decided to use red for the inner border, it looks great!   When I was thinking about the outer border, I thought about using black and white, either all one fabric or different ones, but then I cut some bright colors to try out...

I think the multicolor border will look better.  Somehow this "speaks" to the little sticks on the inside of the quilt better than a regular black-and-white border would.  

At first I was a little doubtful about using pink because it would "clash" with the red inner border, then I said "hey, are you kidding??  This is a scrappy quilt - it's all about the clash!"  I even have some orange I'll toss in there, just to shake things up.  I just have to piece the outer border then dig out something for the back, and she's done!  I'm using "Quilt Sticks" as a working name for this one.

Well, today I have to see my eye doctor, I gotta stop making these early morning appointments!  This one was made before I retired, so that's forgivable.  Then a little Costco, a little T-T-T-T  T-T-T-T  TJ Maxx or Ross (same company), then lunch with a former coworker.  It'll be nice to see how much she's changed in 2-1/2 months, I understand there's been some reorganization since I left.  ;o)

That's my day, you have a great one; sew forth and sew on til later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.