Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Saturday, April 2, 2011

Out with the old

Hi everybody!  Yesterday I showed some new wallpaper for the office pc; after calculating all the votes I decided to go with the kitties!  Thanks Sharon for your input!

Time to change the calendars again... has it really been a month since I turned them over??  Where did this month get to??   Here we go:

In the bathroom...


Above my pc - this one is called "Calvary" from a Walter H. Johnson painting... 


In the kitchen...


And finally, at the office; the caption says "A Future President and His First Lady."

What's on your calendar this month?

***********
This month also marks the end of my driving to work, from now on I'll take the Metro which means running out the house at 5:15 a.m.  I usually drive December through March because it's cold outside!  Yep, I admit it.  So I walked 4 blocks to the Metro this morning to download some smart benefits to my card.  Down the escalator... 

and thru the tunnel

if I'd been thinking I'd have got a full shot of the mural on the right; it's pretty cool. 

And here we are, all loaded up and ready to go on Tuesday!  
I have to walk a fine line and download just enough to last me til June 2, because if I have a balance at the time I retire, I'll have to hand them the cash - and I don't wanna do that!  I had a balance of $42, and I put  $100 more on there.  There's still more in the system if I need it this month, which I probably won't because the way I figure it, I'll only go to the office 10 days this month.

I also got a new cordless/wireless mouse yesterday, which is an improvement over the old one!  I didn't have to load any software, there's no little mousey looking thing with a long tail that you plug into the back of the PC.  The little wireless USB for the new one is about the size of your thumbnail, no tail at all!  I just plugged it in and I'm ready to roll... how easy is that?  Things are looking good...

Enjoy your Saturday!




2 comments:

  1. I have my plain pocket calendar (budget/bill dump spot) and the quilt barn calendar. Love the watering cans - that would make a cute applique wallhanging.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.