Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Sunday, April 10, 2011

bits and pieces

Thanks everyone, for your comments on my last blog!

Someone wanted to know if I designed my own banner - nope!  It was made for me by none other than Madame Samm, who's done quite a few of the makeovers you've probaby seen.  I think she's pretty fantastic!

I've been busy with last minute prep for my retreat, but I took a few minutes to make a few more bookmarks using african fabrics.  I like to use plain ole card stock for the middle, it gives just the right amount of stiffness without being real thick.

This is fabric I used to make the new batch:


I also pulled a few fabrics for my water-bearer piece:
I decided to use the medium sized picture... isn't that always the way?  It shouldn't take long to finish, but I have been known to change my mind midway through a project!

Well, yesterday we had the Cherry Blossom parade and streets were closed off all over the place, so I avoided downtown, yeowww!  Quite frankly I thought it was a bit too chilly at 10 a.m. to stand along a parade route, but hundreds of other people had a different opinion... whatever.  I took a few minutes (or hours) to do a little shopping out in Wheaton Plaza (technically "Westfield") at Old Navy and Bath & Body Works ... stuff I absolutely had to have  ;o)  It's all good!

That's it for now, have a great Sunday, sew forth and sew on... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.