Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, October 25, 2018

Still getting dressed

Three things to be happy about:
(1) "funny books"
(2) pretty kleenex boxes
(3) aromatherapy oil

I don't know how I managed to do it, but somehow I tacked Tuesday's post onto the end of Monday's.  I kept saying to myself "I know I put up a post for Tuesday!  Am I cracking up??"  Sometimes life gets in the way doesn't it? 

Oh well.


I thought it would be fun to show you another before-and-after pattern, so you'll know the kewl way my mind works sometimes! 

This is how lady #6 looked originally as printed out. 

You can see my little sketch marks.


And this is after I changed her clothing from a skimpy top and slim skirt, to a wider top and a pair of pants.  I wanted them to be sort of like harem  pants but the darned things just wouldn't cooperate! 

I turned her in the opposite direction and substituted hair for her head wrap.  She looks expectant, doesn't she?  It's okay, I think ladies-in-waiting can dance too!

This is the same lady I used in the block with the two ladies together, by the way.



Lady no. 7 - I love that purple fabric!
 I also used her earlier, but she was smaller and wearing a yellow and blue outfit.

That's it for now, sew forth and sew on

4 comments:

  1. I am loving watching each new lady dance her way across your posts - each is a delight into itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your ladies are amazing and fun - I'm really looking forward to your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ladies, can't wait until they are ready to be really showed off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you missed your calling as a stylist.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.