Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Saturday, October 13, 2018

One little hangup

Three things to be happy about:
(1) playing with fabric
(2) pretzel sticks
(3) stretching your imagination

Anybody remember getting these internet thingies in the mail? 

I think this container from AOL must have landed in my mail about 10-15 years ago. 

My how time flies - and I have a vintage AOL container!



I decided to go ahead and quilt this little improv piece that I made during my guild's retreat last month - nothing fancy, just straight vertical lines.

Or are they horizontal??   I kept changing my mind about the orientation.



Because it's such a small piece I made hanging triangles that I attached along with the binding.

If you haven't discovered Wonder Tape yet, you should check it out, it was just what I needed for holding these little triangles in place!


I stitched on the binding but without realizing what I was doing, I attached it to the back of the quilt rather than to the front as I meant to.

It's not an important piece so I figured I could just machine stitch the front down, but it looked so bad!  So, I'll have to unsew that stupid binding and do it over, I'll never be happy with that black stitching showing on the back. 


Moving right along...

At our Wee Bee cookout last month everyone was asked to make a white-on-white block to be drawn as a door prize.  This was my contribution, can you tell what it is??

(It's a wolf howling at the moon)

That's it for now, watch for the next full moon if you're so inclined ... sew forth and sew on.

1 comment:

  1. If you're restitching the binding anyway, you could add a fourth corner triangle on the back and then you could change the orientation of the hanging to any which way up. 8)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.