Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, October 19, 2018

Begin the dance

Three things to be happy about:
(1) bunny slippers
(2) pumpkins
(3) a grandfather clock striking the hour


I prepped the last four appliques for my 12 Days of Christmas [nine ladies dancing] quilt. 

They all look so much the same now, but using different fabrics for their clothes and skin tone, along with a different pose will make them all look different enough.

Over time, for no particular reason, I've been making little wonky 2-1/2" square-in-a-square blocks, and little wonky flying geese from scraps. 

I'll forego the geese, but some of the squares will be used in this quilt, simply because they were pieced with African fabrics. 

I believe I've been piecing these little things off and on for more than 5 years!

I fused and cut out the applique pieces for the first block (which will actually be the last block); I started with the most complicated one just to get it out of the way. 

I'll let it sit for awhile because I'm rethinking that background, and I'll probably change the hair to a black - or maybe a fun bright color, who knows!  That chicken-wire fabric makes it look a bit weird for some reason. 

Let me look at it for a day or two; sew forth and sew on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.