Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Last challenge of the year

Three things to be happy about:
(1) well-mannered children
(2) birthday celebrations
(3) Sunmaid organic raisins

Why is it I can't resist trying something new?? 

A few months ago I saw this Honey Citron & Ginger Tea at Costco and just had to try a jar - delicious!  About two weeks ago I went back for more and I couldn't find it, although I looked in three different stores. 

Last week I saw this New York Big Apple Cider Jam and grabbed a jar, although I'm not a fan of apple jelly.  I'm pretty sure it was the word "cider" that got my attention. 

Actually it tastes really good!  It has a mild taste and isn't overly sweet.  I need to get some crumpets next time I'm at Wegman's....

Now that I'm all caught up with the challenges and deadlines, I'll start working on more of the heart pillows that my bee is making for breast cancer patients. 

I won't be fussy about what fabric I use because I have some that I want to move, so out it goes!  This time I'll also add carrying straps.


But, there's one last challenge of the year ...

My guild challenge is to make a quilt based on the Twelve Days of Christmas, and I've chosen the ninth day - Nine Ladies Dancing.

This quilt won't focus so much on the "Christmas" aspect of it, with bells and bows and angels and stars - although that would make a lovely traditional quilt.  To be honest though, that'd be just a wee bit too boring for me!  Instead, I'll dress these ladies in African fabrics and head dresses! 

So far I've only sized a few of the applique pieces, wish me luck!

Sew forth and dance on

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Your ladies dancing quilt is going to be such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your nine ladies dancing idea totally rocks. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.