Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Dancing ladies layout

Three things to be happy about:
(1) refrigerator magnets
(2) salmon cakes with lots of onions
(3) a jar full of crayons


I like what I did for lady #8 -

I wanted to have a second drummer, and to make it different from the first one I changed her short fitted skirt to a longer one with a slit in the front.

Showing a little leg, hah!



This is the first time I used this lady, #9. 

I didn't like the head wrap I used on another one earlier, but to save fiddling time with the hair I went ahead and used it again. 

It's not half bad!


So now comes the boring part:  I have to decide on a setting that won't overpower the quilt, so I arranged them at random on my design floor.

Now, I'm a very clever lady, but if I'd been a bit cleverer I'd have made all the blocks divisible by 2 to make the setting easier.  I think I can get away with it though, with a little fancy footwork!


Then I grabbed some random hunks and chunks and strips of African fabrics to see how they'll look as fillers.  These will be used along with the little wonky 2-1/2" square-in-a-square blocks that I mentioned in this post

My first thought was to make more, but I'll just use what's already pieced.


I found these leftover blocks from some long-forgotten project that'll probably fit in nicely, I must have more leftovers someplace.. 

Also, I can see some very classic black and white being thrown into the mix somewhere.



That's it for now, sew forth and sew on til later!

3 comments:

  1. This is shaping up so beautifully! Your dancing ladies are so full of life and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! For some odd reason your comment didn't come to my inbox, I wonder why.

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.