Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, October 22, 2018

Having fun with the ladies

Three things to be happy about:
(1) home-made granola
(2) hearts and flowers
(3) a soothing tea



You ever tried hibicus tea?  It's said to be one of those "super" teas that you hear about. 

Not only does it have all natural ingredients, but it tastes good and is supposed to be good for lowering the blood pressure too - bring it on! 

I've only been able to find this particular one at Wegman's, though.



I'm having fun playing with my 9 ladies, there's a lot you can do with the 6 basic shapes I'm working with.

For example, this first one started out like this:
Now doesn't she look just like a basketball player?  

I turned her arms in a different direction, now she looks totally different, even without wearing any clothes!

Final product - notice her hands on her hips...
Dance, girl!!

This is a cutie, I like that yellow fabric...
doing the swim!

As for the first block I made, the drummer, I decided that I like that background!  The problem with her hair went away when added a headband, to separate her face from the hair...

Looking good!  I might add another drummer, facing in the opposite direction.

Three completely finished except for bracelets and/or anklets and beads, 3 more waiting for a background, and 3 waiting to be traced onto fusible.  

That's it for now, sew forth and sew on til later.

2 comments:

  1. Nine ladies for this project -- but they are having so much fun (as are you as you make them) that I think you'll want to make more of them for another quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.