Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, November 27, 2015

Top's done!

Three things to be happy about:
(1) Thanksgiving leftovers
(2) finishing up
(3) Black Friday sales

I just threw that last one in for those of us who indulge!


I finished piecing the black and white passion top, then moved on to the border decisions...

The fabric on the left is what I did not use, I don't have enough left of that one.  You gotta love the 3 Stooges!


My next thought was to use up odd strips of black and white, just to move them out of my stash... but I didn't want to go that way.  

Pulling and matching and measuring and piecing - I'll save that idea for another quilt!



Here's the fabric I went with, I had a pretty large piece in my stash and it goes well with the quilt.

BUT it didn't stop there...


I had made four patches for the corners!

I tried them out, but they didn't add anything to the design no matter how I turned them, so I tossed them into the parts department.

So here's the top, with the borders added - ready to be quilted.


And just in time - the first Quiltville mystery clue came out today!

That's it for now, got some running around to do!  Have a great day, grab those bargains, sew forth and sew on...


2 comments:

  1. Great job, Linda. I really like the way this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I love this! I might have to add this one to my bucket list.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.