Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, November 19, 2015

A little hitch in the big web

Three things to be happy about:
(1) Getting on with it
(2) Coffee pods
(3) James Lee Burke novels

Right now I'm listening to "A Morning for Flamingoes" by James Lee Burke - you gotta love Dave Robicheaux, he's so laid back!



I was tooling right along with webbing the Passion quilt, but then my bobbin thread ran out and I air-sewed through three pairs without knowing it - monkey wrench!!!

I changed the bobbin and resumed sewing without realizing a pair had dropped behind my sewing machine, throwing the pattern off.  yeeeeeech!



Had to spread my stuff back out on the floor and figure out where I went wrong, thank goodness I took that photo of the right-side half!

Okay ... so I fumbled and stumbled til I figured out where the problem was, and had to unsew a few blocks... well, it was quite a few blocks!

Then I thought it would be smart to make sets of foursies and sew them together...



It was working til I spread it out again and saw a 9-patch that got turned.

Sheesh!  How'd I do that???  I was so frustrated that I put it aside for two days...

So now I'm ready to tackle it again.  The sideways block has been removed, I'll continue sewing my foursies and hook it all up together.

Borders will probably be black and white fabrics, no big deal; my goal is to get the flimsey out of the way before Bonnie releases her first mystery clue!

That's it for now, just wanted to show some progress, sew forth and sew on til later...

3 comments:

  1. They should have a huge alarm that goes off when the bobbin thread runs out! That is so frustrating. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree, they have all these other peeps and signals - why not one to let your bobbin is almost out. Best thing when this much goes wrong is set aside and breath for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just when things are going along perfectly the quilting gremlins show up! Glad you got all the glitches worked out and are carrying on. This is really a very, VERY nice quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.