Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Out and back in

After Pat and I dropped Charlene off at an appointment yesterday, we went to one of her favorite diners (Charlene's, not Pat's!) to have breakfast. I know, I know... but we were hungry!

Plato's Diner is located near the University of Maryland in College Park, Maryland; they serve American and Greek food, but we only wanted pancakes and french toast!  

Sometimes when you ask for sugar free syrup you'll get the high-carb stuff anyway, so I came prepared...

BUT, they had Smucker's, which tastes a lot better!

Charlene eats there a lot; her favorite waitress paused to smile at the camera ... nice lady!


We didn't hang out all day for fun and games though; I did manage to get some quilty work done - I finished the Stars and Stripes quilt top, yaaaay!

I also threw together a back, nothing special about it.  I'm not going to add borders, so this quilt finished at approximately 72 x 81, a pretty decent bed sized quilt.  All I need to do now is take it to the long armer and make the binding, unless I add it to the group of finished tops I already have.  As I'm looking at the picture, I'm seeing secondary light and dark stripes that weren't obvious when I looked at the real thing - very interesting!

My next project *should* be to resurrect the Mai Tais in Paradise quilt I started on Bonnie Hunter's quilter's cruise in November 2011 - it's a beautiful pattern and I don't want to let it languish too long.  I'll probably need to cut more strips though; I've been "borrowing" from that bag for other projects.  Looks like I've got my work cut out for me!

Sew forth and sew on...

3 comments:

  1. OH, love how the stripe & stars turned out! Keep the quilting simple so it doesn't over power those pretty blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a great breakfast. I am going to have to look that place up when I am on that side of town.
    The Stars and Stripes quilt turned out nice. You are becoming the queen of scrappy:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the mai tai quilt... you were on the cruise when I started reading your blog... Ooh, I can't wait to see it.

    Nothing beats good diner food. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.