Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sparkle

Three things to be happy about:
(1) colored tissue paper
(2) sitting still
(3) blowing out the birthday candles

Does anyone have a birthday coming up?  If so, how will you celebrate?  I hope it's a very happy birthday!!


Last Friday Charlene, Pat and I went to see Sparkle which opened that day at the Magic Theatres in PG County, Maryland.  This theater came to The Boulevard in 2004 and is owned by Magic Johnson of basketball fame - we call it "the Magic Johnson theater."  This is actually the first time I've ever been to this particular theater, although I see it every time I go to The Boulevard.


I like the black-and-white montage they have in the lobby, posters of famous Black authors, actors, TV personalities, sports figures, etc., such as Sugar Ray Leonard, Bill Cosby, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Martin Lawrence, Redd Fox, Ella Fitzgerald.  It's a very attractive display.

And here's a poster of Magic himself; I guess the locations and dates are places where he's opened other movie theaters...

I really enjoyed Sparkle, it was Whitney Houston's last movie and I highly recommend it!  It's one of those movies where you talk back to the screen a little, and sniffle a little. It's approximately 2 hours long I reckon ... they have so many commercials and previews it's hard to tell.  Anyway, here's a trailer - enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. Looks good! Her comment about "Just go out there and look pretty." made me think of my husband, who tells me (when I try to backseat drive or something) to "Just sit there and look pretty!"
    So should we be saying "Happy Birthday!"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you having a birthday? If so, I hope you're eating some of that cake that came with the candles :-)

    I have a monumental one coming up a month from today. As for plans? I have none.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the intro to that movie. I love Whitney Houston and I'll look for that movie coming to a theatre near me...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.