Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More progress, things are looking bright

Three things to be happy about:
(1) a step in the right direction
(2) tried-and-true recipes
(3) deer tracks in the snow

Isn't progress a great thing?  I'm making progress on my brown bag project, and it feels good!  I dived into my yellow scrap bag and pulled yellows, and almost-yellows, and more-than-yellows that will add a little spark.
I might use the scraps for a bit of crumb piecing or maybe some string piecing, its up in the air right now - remember, this is a design-as-you-go project.  That means I can change my mind a few times before I finish it.  Works for me! 

I also pulled some yardage from my stash, but I think the scraps will be enough, the quilt won't be that large.


Now here's an interesting piece! I got the caveman fabric below from Sauder's in Lancaster, PA, two Octobers ago.  I haven't cut into it yet and it's not reserved for anything, so there's no time like the present.  
I'll try to incorporate at least a little piece of it in this quilt, I might even fussy-cut if it comes to that ... it's so busy a caveman could do it!

So, onward and upward... sew forth and sew on til later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.