Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Saturday, December 24, 2016

Purple on the half-square

Merry Christmas, movie house! Merry Christmas, Emporium! Merry Christmas, you wonderful old Building and Loan!
--George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life
**********

I'm glad this week's En Provence mystery clue involves making 3-1/2" half-square triangle units, because I get to start with leftover strips already cut for two other clues!

I'll use these til they're gone before cutting more.




I even managed to find three more purple fabrics that I overlooked before - or rejected for some reason.

Most things are worth a second look, eh?



I love it when my units come out the right size!

The tip Bonnie gave about holding the pointy end of the HST with your finger, rather than with a stiletto (or seam ripper) as I usually do, helped a lot.  I got less wiggle at the end of the seam.




So I got 10 units sewn and ready for pressing, just enough to get my feet wet on the new step!




Santa rides tonight, look for him!  Sew forth and sew on...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I was tickled with this clue, too, since I still had 3.5" strips leftover on the cutting table. Though I am looking forward to bringing the other two colors into play...
    Happy merry and a hearty ho ho ho!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.