Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, December 24, 2015

More Allietare units done

Three things to be happy about:
(1) rainy weather moving out
(2) a back scratch
(3) chunky jewelry

Lately the news anchor ladies seem to be wearing chunky necklaces, like the ones popular in the 80's.  They say fashion moves in 30 year cycles, maybe it's true - but please, please don't bring back the bell bottom pants!

I got more Allietare mystery units done yesterday, but not without some drama!

I hate the kind of drama that's also a mystery ... for example, why was my bobbin thread skipping and jumping around?  I checked the tension, checked the bobbin itself, rethreaded the machine...   Finally I just sewed some crumb blocks til it straightened itself back out!


While I was digging around in my Christmas fabric stash I ran across these two pretty holly pieces.

If someone had asked me "Do you have any black Christmas fabric?"  I would have answered, "Of course not!  Christmas fabrics should be bright and cheerful!"

Well, these aren't necessarily bright but I like the cheerful holly patterns!  In fact, I fussy cut some pieces from the one on top to use in a small quilt.  See it here.




And angels!  Who doesn't love angels for Christmas.

I also have this South Sea Imports fabric with a light background: "button button designs by cheri"





It works up nicely in the mystery block - I love it!

It's Christmas eve already but I'll be sewing up more Allietare units today.



That's it for now, have a great day - Santa rides tonight!  Sew forth and sew on til later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.