Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Cutting neutrals

Three things to be happy about:
(1) new calendars
(2) loading your stapler
(3) Hallmark cards

Yesterday was a neutral kind of day - as in, the cutting of for the Allietare mystery!

I allowed myself to cut into some more neutral stash - I did a good job of using my precut strips, so I can cut some more.

I'm still following Bonnie Hunter's guidelines for selecting neutrals, I even used a piece of brown paper bag!

This piece is pretty but it sorta didn't make the grade, I'll save it for another project.  In fact, why is it even in my neutrals container??



These two pieces just slid under the line so they will go into Allietare.

As you know, I like words!



Anybody remember these headlines??





Sometimes you can't tell if a fabric will work at the size you need; you'll never know til you cut it!




It worked just fine!

I may have to do some fussy cutting if I use this strip again, but I like how this one turned out.


I've cut all the neutral lally-furry-grams or whatever, now I just need to finish cutting the black sets for the wings.

That's progress!  Sew forth and sew on til later...

2 comments:

  1. Linda you're doing a great job with the mystery. I got step 1 directions and then left town due to my Mom's health situation. She ended up passing away a couple weeks back and with the burial and travel home, etc, I just haven't gotten 'into' the mystery. I'm living vicariously through you....so don't let me down!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.