Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, December 24, 2012

Rushing while dragging your feet

THEN He loaded some bags And some old empty sacks On a ramshakle sleigh And he hitched up old Max.  Then the Grinch said, "Giddyap!" And the sleigh started down Toward the homes where the Whos Lay a-snooze in their town...
-"How the Grinch Stole Christmas" by Dr. Seuss

First, the rush ... and what  is  the rush??  When I was in JoAnn's fabrics one day last week, what did I see on display front and center?  Valentine's Day decorations and doo-dads! 

Oh please, can't we have Christmas first?  And who's going to buy Valentine's Day candy  now??

Christmas decorations were on sale for 70% off... that's okay, though - a sale is always a good deal!

Now the dragging of the feet ... some people are out there now, doing last minute shopping.  When I used to spend Christmas with my sister, we would ALWAYS be out on Christmas Eve running around, and it was never for anything we really needed.  I just enjoyed being with Ruby, she had a way of making shopping fun! 

And where would we be first thing on December 26?  Back in the malls, getting those after-Christmas bargains!  The best deals ever were the half-price sale at the Dollar store... the cup on the right is one such bargain, it's a really good-drinking cup!

I like using Christmas mugs and because I have a pretty good collection, I have to rotate them during the Christmas season.  The green mugs at the top are part of a set of dishes I got at the Cracker Barrel in Hampton in 2008; the set has cups, dinner plates and dessert/salad plates.  I'd have liked to have had bowls too, but there weren't any.

That's my rambling for the day, I probably won't get any sewing done for a few days.  And, I'll be taking a mini-vacation from blogging for a few days.  I made a little Christmas greeting for tomorrow but other than that, I might not post again til the New Year. 

Have a warm and wonderful Christmas everyone, I hope Santa is good to you!  If you're travelling, be safe - sew forth and sew on!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas, Linda. Hope you have a blessed holiday. Looking forward to "talking" with you after the New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.