Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, January 8, 2015

Preparing to swap

Three things to be happy about:
(1) starting a new address book
(2) the smell of fresh brewed coffee
(3) getting a refund

Thanks everybody for your encouraging words, sometimes it's needed and much appreciated!

But right now, b-b-b-baby it's c-c-cold outside, and there's no better way to start off a chilly winter morning than with a hot bowl of oatmeal!

I cook 1/3 cup of oatmeal with a little brown sugar and cinnamon, then when it's done I add chopped apple, crushed almonds (I just bang em with a hammer!), and a few Ocean Spray Craisins.  Good start to a cold morning!

I joined a Christmas block swap at my bee, the blocks are due in April so everybody will have plenty of time to get their quilt done by Christmas.

Because I have to make 12 blocks, I want to keep it as simple as I can.  For some reason I didn't want to make the gingerbread couple that I showed in this post.  Not 9 more times!

One choice is to make a silhouette of this angel, or maybe the nativity scene:
If I do a silhouette, the fabric would be a solid or reads-as-solid so as not to lose the integrity of the shape.

Another choice would be a different nativity scene or a word block:
For this nativity scene I would use batiks or a solid - or a very small print against a blue background.

One advantage of doing words is that I can use Christmas fabrics...
I pulled these out just to look at.  If I decide on words, I'll try to use a chunky font that won't be overpowered by the fabric.

So that's what I'll be doing today, thank goodness I don't have to go out anywhere, brrrrr!

Have a great Wednesday, stay warm, sew forth and sew on til later!

1 comment:

  1. It is ccoollddd!!! Lovely pile of Christmas fabrics to play with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.