Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, January 16, 2015

The perfect block, inspection

Three things to be happy about:
(1) peanut butter n jelly sandwiches
(2) getting it done
(3) a pretty view

So, I've settled on "the" perfect block to make for my bee's Christmas block swap!

This angel is simple to draw, it's only one piece, and besides - it's pretty!

I'll vary the color of the angel and the background so they won't all look the same, but I think the other swappers will like this block.

No matter what I did, that Ho Ho Ho block just wasn't going to do it for me so I dropped it!  Even at 275 points, there was just too much background space lurking there, in my opinion.



Yesterday I had the once-every-two-year pleasure of taking my car through its safety inspection.

This was actually the first inspection for my car, purchased in December 2010; evidently they give new cars a 4-year pass.





It was a painless process and the lines moved quickly!


Cars, trucks, taxis, police cars, school buses, transit buses, limousines  - they all get inspected at this Southwest Washington, DC inspection station!

I went to hand the agent my driver's license and registration but they didn't need it.  And here's a puzzler - some people were required to open their trunk and gas cap but I didn't have to ... hmmmm...

The only results they were interested in for my car were the on-board diagnostics and catalyst test.  I guess all the other stuff (safety result, brake test, idle, gas cap test) is covered under the OBD result, who knows.  In any case, by the time I found the ladies' room they had finished; I hopped back in, the agent applied my new sticker, and off I went.  I'm good to go until January 15, 2017!

So that's what I was up to yesterday, among other things.  I hope you have a great Friday, we're at the mid-point of the month!  Sew forth and sew on til later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.