Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, January 2, 2015

Starting off right!

Three things to be happy about:
(1) unexpected blessings
(2) baked cornbread with cranberries
(3) resisting temptation

Well, I got my ham bone from the Honeybaked ham store on New Years eve, one of the last two they had in the store!

For some reason I assumed that, because they'd be making a LOT of platters, they'd have a LOT of ham bones in the store...

BUT they only had two and I got one of em, and that's all I wanted!  This one had quite a bit of meat left on it, I cut some of it off for another time.



I started my black eyed peas in the crock pot early on New Year's day and let em cook a few hours ...

Just the ham bone and peas in the pot, no other seasoning needed (for me) and they came out delicious!

Yummy and so good for you too!



They say what you do on New Years day, you'll be doing the rest of the year.

I was sewing when the ball dropped, and got a lot done before going to bed at 2 a.m. on the first day of this New Year!



So...  (or sew.....)

I guess I'll be sewing the rest of the year!

Good planning, eh?



Have a great day, sew forth and sew on til later!

2 comments:

  1. i sewed and got on the treadmill mill, hope that works

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cornbread with cranberries -- what an interesting combination. Sounds yummy. Any special recipe you use?

    Can't think of a better way to start the New Year. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.