Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, January 23, 2015

Another challenge

Three things to be happy about:
(1) winter sunshine
(2) listening to a good book
(3) a real challenge!

This morning first thing I put together this sample block of a wonky Jacob's ladder.  Well, here we go...

Is that a "modern" interpretation, but wonky?   I dunno, but I think the block is really really ugly!

Tomorrow my bee has its first meeting of the year, weather permitting - snow starting today and continuing into tomorrow, yuck!  Our challenge this year will be to do a "modern" quilt using stash plus a half yard of fabric that will be distributed.  As usual, the finished quilts will be unveiled at the June community meeting at the center.  

Another view of the block - still ugly!


Have a great day today - the sun is shining!  Sew forth and sew on til later...

1 comment:

  1. I like your block! Maybe the darkest blue triangles aren't big enough, but I think it will be very interesting. Keep going. These things change as you work, and often improve. Keep pushing that idea around, good things might happen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.