Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Confetti

Three things to be happy about:
(1) I Can't Believe it's Not Butter (I call it "I can't believe they'd try to pass it off as butter")
(2) a spinach omelet
(3) fresh cut fruit

I think somebody's hungry for breffus!

Thanks everyone for visiting my blog, and thanks Gene and Sharon for your suggestions!

While I was in quilt limbo (quimbo??) I saw several confetti quilts on the web and they looked interesting.  There are lots of confetti styles out there, I thought I'd just go for it without a set pattern.


I've been sewing squares and rectangles ranging in size from 1-1/2 x 2" up to 4" onto 1-1/2" and 2" strips, then doing what it needed to make a decent sized square.

Rearranging the pieces, adding white space where it looked good...



For some crazy reason I decided to go for a 20" square, probably so there'd be fewer to make for the whole quilt.

That size was cumbersome to work with as a whole, though...

Switched to making smaller subunits to combine into a large one.





I aimed for 12" blocks - there goes that 24" monster again!

I have some smaller pieces I can slip between blocks in strategic places.


I wasn't going for a truly balanced pattern, I wanted to white space to show.





These are all the blocks I've done so far, in no particular layout order...


This will be one of those "whenever" projects for whenever I feel like working on it... please not, a whenever is not the same as a UFO!!   :O)


Have a great day, sew forth and sew on til later!

5 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.