Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Quilt doodles February BOM

Three things to be happy about:
(1) winter squash
(2) quilted hangers
(3) Burt's Bees honey lip balm

I'm a bit late doing the Quilt Doodles BOM this month because I wanted to print out the pdf to take to my sewing room, and I hadn't installed my printer - my bad!  It was so unbelievably easy to install I wonder why I procrastinated in the first place.  Of course before the new install I went in and deleted each and every HP program on my PC.  I knew some of it was useless, and I didn't want to be confused later on about what I really needed or what could be deleted to free up space - so I wiped it all out!  I figured the new install would give me everything I needed.

So ... Cindy has named this month's block the Garden Pinwheel, another pretty one!  The central motif is a flower (hence the "garden" in the name, I think).  I'm sticking with my black-and-white theme, but I chose to use a heart in a third color for the central motif.



When I finished putting it together, I didn't like the results - that middle square needs some serious work! 



I'm going to run upstairs and make another center... 'scuse me a sec while I doodle around with it!

Okay, I'm back with a new center! 

I considered using blue or red, and I even went with a gold color because I thought it would look good.  But as you can see I used the same black-and-white that I used for the spokes in the pinwheel, and I also used her flower - I think it looks great!  It's sorta iffy to choose a third color, not knowing what the other blocks will look like, but that's the nature of a BOM... sometimes it's also a mystery!

I've added this one to the 2013 BOM flickr group.
Have a great Wednesday, sew forth and sew on...

3 comments:

  1. I like them both.. they look fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great......I am also doing the Quilt Doodle BOM in Black and White...and am also wondering about adding another color.....I think I may add a red somewhere...hence the Red Button in the center of my Daisy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.