Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Sunday, September 30, 2012

Binding a quilt

For some reason the binding is my least favorite part of a quilt -- go figure!  You'd think after a lot of piecing, joining, measuring and what have you to make the top, the binding should be a piece of cake.   I found this tutorial by Missouri Star Quilt Co. on YouTube that I want to share... I like the way she makes her binding strips by pressing each one in half before joining.  Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. No machine here but folding the binding in half makes for binding that wears very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't love the binding step either. But I do always cut it on the bias and fold it in half. (I will watch the video in a minute! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I join all my strips first then iron the whole long thing into a strip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make continuous bindings and always double fold - the edge of a quilt takes a lot of wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny that we all have our favorite and least favorite tasks! I love doing the binding (I cheat and do mine all by machine). My least favorite part is the sandwiching and pin-basting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting this video. Came home from church today intending to finish up a binding I began last night. So glad I saw this tip on creating a perfectly mitered binding. I love machine binding. If I had to bind by hand I would stop quilting altogether!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.