Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, March 12, 2018

Triangles, quilt show


Scrappy triangle block 22.  When I saw the pattern for this block I thought of a butterfly flying towards the sky, or an angel with golden wings. 

I found the perfect piece of sky fabric in my scrap bin, it has just the right amount of yellow swirling through it to make it interesting!



Of course I had to redo the bottom piece of block #21!

You know the deer appreciate it by that relieved look on their faces.



I can share a little more quilt show goodness with you; the show was small, yet there was a lot to see.

First, here are the labels from the Political Circus quilt; she chose to make one for each party.  Clever!

Another HST idea, love this heart quilt...



This rail fence is different from all the others I've seen because she pieced most of the strips that make up the rails...



You might not be able to see the detail, but the blue and white quilt on the left caught my attention because each blue 3 (or 4) inch block is made of diagonal strings!


That's it for now, enjoy your Monday.  Sew forth and sew on

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the eye candy!
    That rail fence is really intriguing. I'm definitely filing that idea away for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve seen those rails referred to as “LEGO” quilts. I think I need to start digging into my 1.5” bin.....love that heart quilt — it’s giving me some ideas.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.