Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Sunday, March 18, 2018

Guild meeting

When I walked into the guild meeting yesterday and saw a lot of people bunched around a table, I just knew something was in the air ...
Quilt seeds!  A member had sent in two large bags of strings and chunks and hunks of quilt seeds, ready to be planted into 30 or 40 new quilts!

We had wonderful show and tell at the meeting.  

One member challenged herself to finish a block from her applique class ...

Another member made two quilts as a thank-you for a neighbor who takes in terminally ill dogs ...
T-shirt quilt

A cute cartoon dog quilt

A new member shared a medallion quilt she made from her deceased sister's fabrics...

A new quilter shared a very pretty disappearing 4-patch ...

Nine patches - set on point!

A scrappy quilt - love it!  The blocks were pieced onto phone book paper.

And last but not least, a fabric embellishment demo...

As usual, it was a great meeting and we all had a great time; sew forth and sew on til later ...

2 comments:

  1. I love the "quilt seeds" - I went to a class with the Gee's Bend quilters after hearing about it from Victoria Findlay Wolfe. We emailed a few times - she told me "check the trash cans - people throw away some good stuff!" I see quilters online who would have thrown away most of these seeds. Sigh! I keep them and use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Quilt seeds” — I love it! I’m going to go upstairs and label all those big boxes of scraps right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.