Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, June 7, 2013

Out and about

Hi everybody, it's been a loooooooong time!  When I said I wouldn't be posting while my sister was here, I didn't know it would be a whole month later [ducking my head in shame].  I had several people asking "what's up with the blog??" - I apologize, it didn't occur to me people would think something was wrong, just a case of the lazies; time flies, doesn't it?? 

Meanwhile I went to the Quilters Unlimited show in Virginia last Friday with Felicia and Pat, here are some pics:

Of course the first thing that caught my eye was this Beemer parked right at the door to the exhibit center:
we know what she does, don't we!

There were a lot of red and white quilts displayed, but this one was my all-time fav:
I hope you can see the closeup of the quilting, it's fantastic!

A few pictorials...


The door on the shed actually opens up - clever!

I didn't take too many pictures, .sometimes at quilt shows it's as though you're in a time loop... as if  you've seen "this" or "that" quilt before, maybe in a different color combination or by a different quilter.  Not to take anything away from the show, the quilts all came together to make a great show but... do you know what I mean?

I bought absolutely NO fabric this time, wasn't even tempted!  But I did buy 3 patterns and a book, along with a ruler called The Learning Curve.  It's sort of like a drunkard's path but it makes "perfect" circles.  Your seams will match every time - yeah right, we'll see won't we!

We watched a demo of a fantastic tool called The Wacker - you have to read Felicia's review of this tool, when he finished we snuck around the corner and laughed our heads off!

After the show I dropped by Sandy's house for an impromptu chopping and skewering get-together.  We skewered...
and skewered...
and cooked...
then we ate!
it was delicious!

That's all for now, it's such a gloomy day today I don't want to go out - I want to catch up on the blogs that I haven't read in a long time, then gotta put the nose to the needle!  Sew forth and sew on til later  :o)


6 comments:

  1. Sorry I missed you at the show. Funny, that same red and white quilt was one of my favs too. Hope you saw my quilt. First time having a quilt in the show. Enjoy being inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, I don't know if I saw your quilt, I didn't know you had one in the show. At one point we started dashing up one aisle and down the other, wanting to find lunch so we could beat the rush hour traffic.

      Delete
  2. The kebabs and bean salad look yummy!
    I'd be giggling about the whacker, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back ... you were missed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very glad to have you back, I missed your cheerful writings.
    Welcome!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a quilt show, and good food with good friends! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.