Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, June 20, 2013

Just a quick post

Three things to be happy about:
(1) Mott's apple sauce in a cup
(2) a week off
(3) pictures on a calendar

Lately I've been switching between so many projects, I can't decide if I'm a butterfly, a bunny or a toady frog! 

I ran across a pattern for a Fourth of July flag quilt that I liked, so I thought I'd give it a try because it looks quick and easy.  I'm on the email list for FaveQuilts, and this pattern comes from Sew Sweetness; she says to cut the strips 1-2/3" wide, but because I wanted to use my GO cutter I decided to cut them at 1-1/2...

I've sewn the first two strips together, but just looking at the layout I can tell they're too narrow!  I should have used my 2" die and made the star block larger, shucks.

I used almost all of the red and I don't want to recut all the strips, so as a quick fix I'll piece everything except that last red strip, then I'll cut another one as wide as it needs to be.  It'll fly proud!

Meanwhile, I've made more of the red-and-scrappy half square triangles, and I have enough to considering another layout:

So it'll be a toss-up between that one, and the one below:

looks like seahorses!  We'll see...

That's it for now, enjoy the sunshine on this Thursday, but use some sunblock!  Sew forth and sew on til later...

4 comments:

  1. You have been busy, nice projects. I like the first layout on the second project you working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you trim down your blue square to match in size to the sewn strips? another option, cut both the top and bottom red strip wider instead of one really wide one.

    Your scrappy layouts are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those red half-square triangles. One of my summer goals is to do something with scraps and crumbs -- yours are inspiring because you know what I think about bright colors. Plus having red as a constant gives some focus -- something that I'm always in danger of losing. Anyone see that squirrel? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.