Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Two more blocks done

Three things to be happy about:
(1) straw hats for summer
(2) sweet, fresh milk (I drink soy milk)
(3) the silky texture of tofu

I made the March and April blocks for the Quilt Doodle BOM - still sticking with the black-and-white color scheme:
March - rail fence

April - ball game

I paper-pieced the "ballgame" block, it just seemed easier than fiddling with eighth-inch measurements.  The center is a reject from January's block - it jusssssst fit the space!  That little heart might drive me nutty though (it's kilted just a bit too much), so I'll probably applique something else on top of it. 

This will make a cute little wall hanging when it's done, I think black and white is such a classic, can't miss combination.

I just finished listening (again) to two very good Connie Willis novels from her "Oxford Time Travel" series - Blackout and All Clear

If you're not familier with the series, it's about a group of historians from the future (I think its the year 2060?) who travel back in time to signficant historical events to observe and record certain aspects of the event.  In this case, three historians have travelled back to WWII London during the blitz, something goes wrong and they're trapped in 1949.  Enemy planes are dropping bombs all over the place; they know where the bombs will fall and they can avoid those areas - but only up to a certain date, which is coming up fast!

I don't want to say any more but if you like a good great book that keeps you on the edge of your seat, check these two out - you'll be glad you did! 

That's all for now, have a great Wednesday, so forth and sew on...

4 comments:

  1. I love straw hats - These look like a good read (listening), I will have to see if my library has them or can order them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those books sound good. Love your block. The heart looks fine. Don't touch it. Love the whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your black and white blocks are great - and I actually love the heart! That little touch of red gives it a real punch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are great! Love the attention to value placement.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.