Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, January 11, 2018

The second week of the New Year

... in which Linda is still wading into Ringo Lake!

Among other things.

I can't believe how long it's taken me to get set up with my Verizon Fios tv, for pete's sake!  Sunday they installed my boxes - and let me pause here to say the tech arrived a full 45 minutes BEFORE the promised time, history in the making!  Monday I discovered I didn't get the DVR feature as I was sure I ordered, but maybe there was a communication breakdown.  Tuesday I took one of my boxes to the Verizon store and traded for a DVR box, then discovered I'm not satisfied with the package I ordered.  Having to upgrade from "Custom" to "Preferred".  At this point I'm still waiting for the upgrade to kick in *sigh.*

Whatever.

Oh yes, sailing On Ringo Lake.


I'm still putting together the units I need to make the blocks.

At this point I haven't started on the last step, which I think is making the sashing units.

Managed to make six blocks so far though, these is them!



Still cutting the shapes I need from 3-1/2" strips, using my Easy Angle ruler.

I love the coral/peachy fabrics I have but I look forward to putting them aside, I'll add lots of scraps to my abundance. 

I like this pokie-dottie piece though!



Meanwhile, I've been neglecting my wee churn dash blocks, waah!  I'll be glad to get back to them, I'm so close to finishing all the blocks I need.

But I want to finish sailing on Ringo Lake first, lest it become a *whispering* UFO. 

That's it for now, I hope you enjoy reading my post, I got up at 0 dark :30 to make it - that's 6:30 for normal, unretired people!  Sew forth and sew on til later ...

4 comments:

  1. I'm finding these blocks to be really slow-going - it took me two afternoons to get four of them put together... Six sounds like a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With six blocks, you're way ahead of me since I'm still piecing parts. I agree with you though, really trying to "stay the course on the Lake" so as not to start off 2018 with a UFO! Sewing forth....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookin' good there. I truly think there is nothing more frustrating than dealing with cable companies -- you have my sympathies. I still love those wee churn dash blocks. can't wait to see how they end up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.