Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Sunday, January 7, 2018

The first week of the New Year

... in which Linda takes a break from marathon sewing!

It was fun diligently pecking along with the On Ringo Lake mystery, but when the clues started coming fast and furious - and when the final quilt was unveiled - I realized I'd been under a big ole sewing crunch!  You know the kind, where your shoulders hunch up to your ears and you sew sitting on the edge of your seat with your teeth gritted ... well, not really, but you get the idea!


I decided to give myself a wee break, but not before I sewed one of the blocks together.  Looking good!

Most of the pieces and parts for this step of the mystery-that's-not-a-mystery-anymore are waiting on the sidelines, to be picked up again in a coupla days.  However, you can check out what everybody else has done on the ORL Mystery Monday linky.


Meanwhile I've been doing real life things, including digging through my scraps to find pieces for these paper-pieced flying geese that I've been sewing, off and on, for a few years.  They're wonky, designed in EQ, and will finish at 1-3/4 or 2 inches by 3 inches, same width but different heights. Eventually I'll probably use them as a border treatment, but right now it's just in the sewing stage, using up some of the many small scraps I've latched onto!

I also changed carriers for my TV service from DirectTV to Verizon, which also carries my phone and internet.  Year before last I bought an Amazon Fire Stick; at some point this month DirectTV will no longer support YouTube on my TV, and since that's one of the main reasons I bought the Fire Stick - well, they gotta go!

It's probably all for the best anyway, since now I'll have everything bundled and save $$!

My new Verizon Fios boxes that came Friday night are scheduled to be installed today "between 12 and 2,"  Regardless, DirectTV will disconnect me at midnight - work with me please, gotta have my TV!

Can you hear me now??

Sew forth and sew on

3 comments:

  1. Lookin’ good, indeed! Meanwhile, I’m intrigued by those flying geese....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The techy stuff drives me nuts! You ORL block looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.