Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Quilty days are here again!

Three things to be happy about:
(1) fruit butters
(2) steaming oatmeal
(3) an explosion of mums

Hello again, it's been a lonnnng time ... no, come to think of it, it's been a verrrrrry long time!  I've been chastised by several people for not updating my blog and they're right!

I had a great time at my guild's annual retreat last weekend at the National Conference Center in Leesburg, VA.  The room was HUGE and we had loads of working space!

But you want to know a key ingredient in that great time we all had?  SCRAPS!!!
Loads and loads of SCRAPS!!
Jennifer brought bags and bags and BAGS of scraps to share with everybody, her only stipulation was "I don't want to take any of these back home!"  And she didn't.  I didn't get a picture before we all dove in, but you can get an idea of the sheer volume if you visit her blog, Jennifer's Chronicles.

Azalia, Cheryl H, and I are each making a quilt to show at December's guild meeting, as an example of how to use up those great scraps.

Thank goodness for inventory!  These blocks were pieced here and there over the past year or two.

Bits and pieces come together ... this will be the center of my block!

Part of the outer edge - come see tomorrow!

Sew forth and sew on!

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back to Blogland!! I smiled when I saw East, Sleep, Quilt in my blog roll. I am very interested to see what you and the other two ladies do with these scraps. A friend and I are dubbing 2018, the year of the scrap quilt. We are looking for patterns that use large and small scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!! You've been missed!
    Those bags of scraps look like a treasure chest to me! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I'm supper excited to see your post today!
    I'm loving your new project and looking forward to seeing what you all create with your new SCRAPS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Intrigued to see what happens to the scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, welcome back! What a fantastic room to play in and all that lovely scrap goodness- OMY

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to see you back! Looks like there will be even more to post before long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to see you back. I've missed all your wonderful pics from yourself and your talented Bee friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.