Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Lazy days are here again

Three things to be happy about:
(1) padded envelopes
(2) learning a new exercise
(3) Spring

Spring is just around the corner, what does Punxsutawney Phil know, anyhow?

I'm in my lazy stage again!



Remember this string quilt that I was puzzling over ... add a border, don't add a border, what kind of border ...

Thanks everyone for your input!






I grabbed some light colored strings - not necessarily neutral, but lighter than darkish medium - and made a few of these ...




... which I cut into these 3-1/2 x 8-1/2" strips, to test as a border.




I tried out a few and I admit I wasn't too impressed at first.


I was thinking if I went that route I'd need to add a narrow inner border to separate the main quilt from the 3" border strips ...




But now, looking at it through the camera's lens from a different angle ... it doesn't look half bad!

Maybe I'll make enough string units to finish up that left side and a few for the top, and see what it looks like.

Decisions, decisions ...

Sew forth and sew on

4 comments:

  1. I love your stars! And I think dithering about borders is half the fun... 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love the light strings with your stars, but I'm not real good at doing the choosing myself. I always second guess my choices. Your work is lovely and inspiring. Stitch on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.