Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Lazy days are here again

Three things to be happy about:
(1) padded envelopes
(2) learning a new exercise
(3) Spring

Spring is just around the corner, what does Punxsutawney Phil know, anyhow?

I'm in my lazy stage again!



Remember this string quilt that I was puzzling over ... add a border, don't add a border, what kind of border ...

Thanks everyone for your input!






I grabbed some light colored strings - not necessarily neutral, but lighter than darkish medium - and made a few of these ...




... which I cut into these 3-1/2 x 8-1/2" strips, to test as a border.




I tried out a few and I admit I wasn't too impressed at first.


I was thinking if I went that route I'd need to add a narrow inner border to separate the main quilt from the 3" border strips ...




But now, looking at it through the camera's lens from a different angle ... it doesn't look half bad!

Maybe I'll make enough string units to finish up that left side and a few for the top, and see what it looks like.

Decisions, decisions ...

Sew forth and sew on

5 comments:

  1. I love your stars! And I think dithering about borders is half the fun... 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love the light strings with your stars, but I'm not real good at doing the choosing myself. I always second guess my choices. Your work is lovely and inspiring. Stitch on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I suggest that you make the border units the same width as the blocks? Then they will 'complete' the light colored string units in the quilt and look like squares on point. ~Melissa in Texas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.