Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, September 29, 2017

But first ...

Three things to be happy about:
(1) a straight cut
(2) comfortable shoes
(3) making a difference

Enough play time with the scraps, time to finish a more pressing item.

This lap quilt is for a member of our guild whose church wants to honor their servicemen (and women) with quilts for Veterans' Day.  We have to turn them in no later than October's meeting, and it just needs quilting.  This goes to the front of the line!

I found this wonky churn dash pattern at Missouri Star (You Tube) and I liked it right away.  The piecing is very easy and it went together in no time at all.  I liked the technique so much that I'm working on a quilt using smaller blocks..

You're probably thinking "but there's only ONE red block!?" Yep - that's how I roll!


One of our workshop projects at last week's retreat was this Sewing Date Traveler bag by Robert Kaufman.  You can find the free pattern here.. 

I like the chicken fabric I used on the outside; the red lining has cat phrases "Dogs eat, cats dine"  "Kittens are angels with whiskers"  "A cat can purr it's way out of anything."  Cute.



I'm kind of proud of this bag because zippers scare me away and I didn't think I could do it but I did! 

It doesn't stand up by itself and it's not perfect but when I add the binding - this puppy will be finished.  Now I feel like I can go forth and conquer another bag!



There's no hurry but I may as well get it out of the way.

Feels great to check stuff off your list!


Sew forth and sew on til later

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back and love those blocks! I may have to make myself one of those bags. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bag - especially the combination of chickens and cats! Thanks for the link to the pattern. I just added that to my (rather lengthy) to-do list. I've got some sheep fabric leftover from another project that would be just perfect...
    I saw that tutorial for the churn dashes, too, but I haven't tried it out yet. The wonky really appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.