Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, November 3, 2016

More Grannies

Three things to be happy about:
(1) leftover Halloween candy
(2) caramel apples
(3) knitting a scarf

Actually I used to knit, long before I discovered quiltmaking!

My granny squares are looking great so far, but it's not as many as I thought I'd be able to do.

My PC is having problems, which means time spent with the Geek Squad, so I was more or less unable to sew for a good part of the day.

Fourteen blocks done, lots more to go...



That 2-1/2" Accuquilt die is my friend!

Stacking  and cutting four 8-1/2" squares gives me enough white background pieces to make three blocks.

A timesaver for sure.



I'd like to add sashing to the blocks as I get them trimmed, but they're not all coming out the same size if I trim 1/4" from the corners.  That naughty quarter-inch seam will getcha every time.

I might just wait til they're all sewn then trim down to the smallest block size.  No biggie!





They look great all laid out together, though!

I definitely want to stick with these blocks; maybe I can get most of them done before Thanksgiving!


That's it for now, have a great day, enjoy the sunshine, sew forth and sew on...

3 comments:

  1. Oooh -- those look so nice! That white really makes all the colors pop. If you keep showing more of these I'm going to end up caving and making some....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.