Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, October 31, 2016

Moving right along

Three things to be happy about:
(1) a little bit more
(2) happy accidents
(3) the color purple

So here in a nutshell are my fabrics for the En Provence mystery.

I had more purples than I realized, but they were all in the medium and dark range.  I did make a quick trip to JoAnn's for lighter purples, so there goes my resolve to shop from stash!

They're having a 50% sale right now, so that's a win win.



Bagged and tagged.

Ready to go when you are, Bonnie!




I really wish I had more of this pretty piece, though.  Someone gifted it to me in a bag of scraps.



Meanwhile as I wait for the first mystery clue, in addition to the hourglass blocks I'm cutting fabrics to make a granny square quilt, using my Accuquilt 2-1/2" square die.

I want to use up as many of the less-than-half-yard pieces as possible, to move them out of my stash and into a quilt.



Some members of my guild are hand piecing this block and they seem to work up pretty fast!  Cynthia is using African fabrics with black sashing; this combination really makes the block pop.

As for me, I'll be doing mine by machine - nothing like instant gratification!

Well, that's it for now.  I'm going out with a neighbor to vote this morning, go ahead and get that out of the way!  Everybody have a great day, finish something old, start something new, sew forth and sew on...

2 comments:

  1. Wow - you are all set for the BH mystery! Love those scrappy blocks and so like the idea of using up those 'not large enough, but not small enough' scraps that are mixed in the fabric system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the granny square idea. I have been cutting up 2.5 inch batiks. It looks like it will make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.