Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, October 28, 2016

It's mystery time again!

Three things to be happy about:
(1) moss-covered bark
(2) kids on a swing
(3) paying it forward

It's that time again!  The leaves are turning, the weather is changing, and at long last Bonnie has unveiled the color palette for this year's Quiltville mystery - "En Provence!"

The colors do have a certain appeal, mother nature never goes wrong with fields of flowers.  When I first saw the colors I thought of changing the purples to blue, but let me see what I can do with the official palette.

Of course I've already  started digging through my fabrics to see what I can turn up.  This year I'm challenging myself to work entirely from stash - whether by hook, by crook, or by darn!  I just had my annual shopping trip to Lancaster and I shouldn't spend any more money on fabric ... yeah right!

First up - the purples ...  this is what I found in my stash so far - scrappy bits!

Can I stretch this to 2 yards????  I don't think so, I need to dig a bit deeper!  The lighter purples might pose more of a challenge, I need to scare up 1-1/2 yards from someplace ... maybe I can sneak out just once and buy a little bit??




I think I have the grassy/yellow greens covered - there's a goodly number of those hiding away in my batik stash!


There are plenty of yellows left over from the Allietare mystery, so that's no problem at all.

I still have some pretty interesting pieces that I want to use.  Way more than the 2 yards called for!


And neutrals - need I even say anything about neutrals???



The constant hibiscus/magenta color ... I don't think I have 1-1/4 yards of any one piece, but I think these two used together will work for me.

You can't really see it in the photo but the colors are so close you can't tell a difference.  But even if you can, it's a scrappy quilt after all!


So that's my mission for the next few days, should I choose to accept it - and I do!  I don't have the new ruler, I'll be using my companion angle and easy angle rulers.

I'm looking forward to getting started on this one, Bonnie's mysteries are always so ... mysterious!  Sew forth and sew on...

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you're all set! Or, at least, only a couple of fat quarters away!
    I'm on the fence. I was thinking of substituting blues for the greens, or orange for the magenta. Or maybe both...
    Or maybe I'll just hang back and watch? Even watching Bonnie's mysteries is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are ready to roll! Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your colors look great. I am in as usual. whether I finish or not will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.